Saturday, July 25, 2009

A webdesigning company is going to help me install a script they wrote for me.?

They said they need my ftp and cpanel.. I'm pretty sure I know what my ftp is but what is my "cpanel" and where do I find it? I'm using Yahoo as my web host. Thank you
A webdesigning company is going to help me install a script they wrote for me.?
Howzit!!!





CPanel is your Control Panel and your web hosting company should have supplied you with one. If you do not remember anything, call (or email) them and ask them for the user name and the password (in your case- also how to access you cpanel).





I access my CPanel from my hosting company's website :) CPanel username is usually your domain name and uses a different password from the FTP.





Please make sure you trust the guys who requested your details.. you should never just give some strangers such details so that they can handler your business unless you trust them...





Good luck


(Any questions send me a message using the Yahoo Answers).
A webdesigning company is going to help me install a script they wrote for me.?
With my hosting company my cpanel is:


www.mysite.com/cpanel





Not sure about yahoo.





Also I wouldn't give out your main FTP details if I were you. Instead log into your Cpanel once you find it :) and add another FTP user and only give them access to the folder they need, once your script is installed delete that user.





good Luck!


http://secure.hostgator.com/cgi-bin/affi...


No comments:

Post a Comment