Saturday, July 25, 2009

I need a something that enables me to add a blog to my existing website?

I am looking for something that is hopefully FREE! The web host i have does not have ftp access. I upload things to my site through Microsoft Frontpage so the software must not require FTP access.
I need a something that enables me to add a blog to my existing website?
I would start by asking your hosting provider. They may have blog software already installed on the server that you can use for your site. If not, things may get more complicated than you're ready for...





Are you 100% sure your hosting provider won't let you use ftp? Frontpage is using a form of ftp to get your info up in the first place. Anyway, ftp would make things easier if your provider doesn't have the software installed and you want full control and blog hosting for your own personal site.





Without ftp, you can run a blog on another site, including Yahoo!. There may be a way to capture the RSS feed and then display it on your site...


No comments:

Post a Comment