Friday, July 31, 2009

MySQL Error?

My web host keeps getting shut down on a VPS server. I've got 256 MB of RAM on the server. All I've got are Wordpress blogs and I've disabled anything that looks like a troublemaker. I've tried optimizing my database, I've tried enabling the CACHE. Does anyone have an idea of how I can get my MySQL database to stop crashing my server.
MySQL Error?
Hello,





To the above poster (Ruben), with all do respect, that has nothing to do with his problem. MyISAM and InnoDB are two different storage engines, it depends on which requirement you have to use them. So you can't just say it is the problem, cause a million + users in the world isn't having that problem.





Back to Adams, post. It seems you have some sort of strange error, to properly debug this issue you have to look at the logs of what is happening. First thing to do is to check the MySQL Server Logs:


http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/l...


http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/e...





First check if you see anything strange in those logs, before you try to check them, delete all the logs at first, and restart your MySQL server and see if it crashes again, once it crashes save the log files and read them.





If your running Windows or Linux, read the logs as well, it might be a Operating system fault.





Once you gather them both, visit the free MySQL support forum where experts will try solve your problem for free:


http://forums.mysql.com/





You might have found a bug in MySQL and MySQL team loves bugs :)





I believe there is a conflict between software or the way you set it up.





You could always try to remove and reinstall the server to check if that works, if not, read the logs and inform MySQL developement team via Form or IRC ( irc.freenode.net #mysql )





Good Luck
MySQL Error?
If you're using InnoDB as a storage engine: switch to MyISAM and wait for MySQL 6 which will contain a full replacement for InnoDB. Even if you don't use InnoDB, disable it anyway. On some machines InnoDB is just troublemaker.


No comments:

Post a Comment