Friday, July 31, 2009

How to figure out my ftp url?

i've downloaded Smart Ftp, and im using www.bravenet.com as my web host.











lets say my site (under construction)


was





http:/mydomain.bravehost.com














and i want to upload files and folders to my site,














what do i type in





smart ftp, in the url/adress column?
How to figure out my ftp url?
You need to have created a web URL and an FTP account with Bravenet first. When you create the ftp account it will give you a user name like name-%26lt;BigNumber%26gt; and a password.





You can then use any ftp client to connect to ftp.bravehost.com using your ftp username and password
How to figure out my ftp url?
ftp://mydomain.bravehost.com
Reply:http: is always a webserver.


If the FTP is on the same server, it will be the same address except ftp colon slash slash mydomain.bravehost.com


(Sorry I cant type the actuall address for some reason)


Make sure FTP is installed under add remove programs, installed windows compenents, and its under IIS area as FTP.





There are some east programs winftp and cteftp but keep security tight as a lot of hackers like to hack ftp sites and can really mess up your computer. Use a flash drive and youll be safer


No comments:

Post a Comment