Monday, August 3, 2009

What is my web servers url?

Exactly what ip address do I use for my site that im hosting on my home computer? Do I use the routers address with a : and then the port? Do i use my computersaddress? I have been searching for days and everyone tells how to do everything else but how to point my site to my domain. Thanks Jason
What is my web servers url?
you have to bind it to your public ip address, that's if you pay for one, if you don't, you cant publish a website. if you do ask your isp for it, that's simple enough, or you can crack your head and go through your router's conf.





Cheers.
What is my web servers url?
i would strongly advise against hosting on your machine unless you have some good protection against DNS/DOS attacks


if you really want to host i would do some resarch on apache server, this will host the site on your machine and then u get a domain and register but without hosting and that will have a re-direct to your external ip address.. but you need to have a static ip address from your isp, or u would need to keep changing it with the domain.


you can read something like this for more info


http://www.connectedhomemag.com/HomeOffi...

sunburns

No comments:

Post a Comment