Monday, August 3, 2009

Should I install Visual Web Developer Express (VWDE) or SQL Express on my dedicated server?

Server Specs:


Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition


Service Pack 1





Computer: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU


2.00 GHz


2.00 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM





I want to install Dotnetnuke on IIS 6.0 to manage my internet hosting business.
Should I install Visual Web Developer Express (VWDE) or SQL Express on my dedicated server?
Visual web developer express is a tool used to create code of a web application like the user interface. This is something you usually develop on your own machine and then deploy on your server. You don't install it on your server.





SQL express is a database system for storing information that your database application would use. This is the one you can put on your server and use to power your web applications.





So develop the application with web developer on your personal computer, install SQL express on your dedicated server, and when you are done then you can deploy your web application project on your web server to interact with SQL express.





You will have to consult your Dotnetnuke documentation to make sure it will work with IIS 6 and SQL express editions (I don't see an immediate problem but you never know).





Hope this works for you. Good luck

floral shops

No comments:

Post a Comment